Social Media Intern 2021 - Winter/Spring
Our marketing team is looking for a Social Media Intern for the Winter/Spring of 2021. In this role, you will have the opportunity to develop and execute social media campaigns that showcase our content, products, and company culture. The ideal candidate has a passion for social media, storytelling, and streaming video.
Please note, this role will be virtual/remote and is not paid: it’s only open to college/university enrolled students eligible for school credit. This position requires the use of your personal laptop.
Anticipated Start Date: February 2021
- Draft social copy for our Twitter and LinkedIn channels.
- Pitch and implement ideas for social media campaigns.
- Learn to utilize social tools such as Sprout Social, Google Analytics, LinkedIn Analytics, Twitter Analytics, and HubSpot in order to monitor and report on engagement and follower growth.
- Assist with the creation of visuals for our social media campaigns (including but not limited to banners, in-post images, GIF’s etc).
- Manage content calendars: create and execute weekly & monthly content calendars.
- Copywriting skills; able to capture brand voice in a succinct, compelling, and engaging way.
- Conceptualize social strategies that are innovative and creative.
- Able to immerse yourself in new technologies
- Highly organized.
- Able to work in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Ability to work remotely.
- Understanding of Twitter and LinkedIn is a must (Canva is a plus!).
- Currently enrolled in an accredited university, with a major in communications, marketing, advertising, or related.
- Rising Junior or rising Senior preferred although all candidates will be considered.
- Enthusiasm and an eagerness to learn.
- Graphic design and video editing skills a plus.
- Preferably able to work 15 - 20 hours per week (flexible to accommodate school schedule).